The mission of the EIT RawMaterials is to foster innovation and entrepreneurship by
driving and promoting projects all along the raw materials value chain. The
philosophy of the Business Plan competition is to help entrepreneurs in creating
technologies and business models with a high growth potential within the raw
materials sector and in all related fields.
The best 10 ideas will be awarded a 1,000 and will be selected to go to the next
phase, to develop their ideas into a business plan with mentoring from experts. Ultimately the best Business Plans will compete for an Award on December 2016, where the three best projects are to be selected as finalists :
- 1st prize: 20,000 EUR
- 2nd prize: 10,000 EUR
- 3rd prize: 5,000 EUR
Topics to address:
- Exploration and raw materials resource assessment
- Mining in challenging environments
- Increased resource efficiency in mineral and metallurgical processes
- Recycling and materials chain optimization for end-of life products
- Substitution of critical and toxic materials in products and substitutions for
- Design of products and services for the circular economy
Who can participate:
The competition is open to anyone interested:
- Researchers or research groups from universities and research centres that are
working on any of the topics raised by the competition.
- Professionals with experience and deep knowledge in the raw materials field.
- PhD and top-level students within the sector. (As a recommendation but not
mandatory: Ideas coming from students should be accompanied by a faculty
member with experience in the field)
Open call and acceptance of Ideas submissions until 24th of October 2016
For more information and rules:
The Council of Catalan Chambers of Commerce is a proud Associate partner of the EIT Raw Materials community.