The company IBERCOMPOUND SL is dedicated to the manufacture of a wide range of chemical products for cleaning and maintenance of the automotive sector, hygiene of collective sites, industrial maintenance and water treatment. Within the products that they make, there are detergents for automatic and manual washing of automobiles, consumables for vehicles, detergents for the industrial cleaning of parts and consumables for water treatment equipment.
Glycol can be generated as waste in different sectors, but the by-product that IBERCOMPOUND SL incorporates into its production process comes mainly from two sources:
- Pharmaceutical industry, where glycol is used in synthesis reactions.
- Waters coming from refrigeration systems; refrigerants from which the anticorrosives have been consumed, without degrading or contaminating the glycol.
Before incorporating the waste in the production process, a small amount of finished product is manufactured and corrosivity tests are carried out. Once the waste has been identified as usable, the necessary procedures are carried out to declare it as a by-product.
Once the by-product is processed, the glycol is incorporated into the mixing reactors together with the rest of the components (water, anticorrosive, anti-foam formulations, etc.).
The main advantages of glycol waste management as a by-product under the Catalan administrative framework are:
- Decrease in the use of raw materials, energy consumption and CO2 emissions.
- Decrease in waste generation.
- Reduction of the costs of raw materials.